Young Adult Co-Design Groups
Stella’s Place uses a co-design process to create each of our program components. Each co-design team consists of young adults with mental health challenges, led by a young adult Peer Facilitator in a paid leadership role. These groups engage other Stella’s Place staff, as well as professionals, as relevant.Our design groups to date include:
- Peer Conversations Group –
- the foundational group that contributed to building the peer support program and training requirements.
- Peer Support Training Program Curriculum Design Group –
- a group that discussed and designed the materials for the Peer Support Training Program that is offered in partnership with George Brown College.
- Online Platform and App Co-Design Group –
- a group that is designing our online peer support platform and app.
- Evaluation Working Group –
- a group that is thinking through the outcomes for young adults at Stella’s Place, and how to measure and track them.
- onTRACK Co-Design Team –
- a group that is designing the fitness and wellness program that is offered in partnership with the Miles Nadal JCC.
- Possibilities Co-Design Team –
- a group that is designing the Clinical, Recovery and Wellness programs and activities at Stella’s Place.
Board of Directors
Founder & President, Stella’s Place Co-owner & Director, Greenrock Investments Ltd. President, Director & Secretary, Glittering Investments Ltd.
Executive Director, Stella’s Place
Secretary & Director, Stella’s Place Chief Legal & Risk Officer, The Hospital for Sick Children
Martha J. Tory
Treasurer & Director, Stella’s Place
Retired Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
Director, Major Giving, The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall
Dr. Mario Cappelli
Director of Mental Health & Psychiatry Research, CHEO Clinical Director, Summit Centre
Partner, Goodmans LLP
Leadership Advisory Council
Dr. Simon Davidson
Chief, Strategic Planning Executive of the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health Senior Advisor on Mental Health Policy and System Improvement, CHEO
CEO, Minett Real Estate Services Co-Founder & Chairman, GreenSoil Investments
Dr. Marshall Korenblum
Chief of Psychiatry Hincks-Dellcrest Centre
Dr. Anthony Levitt
Chief, Brain Sciences Program Medical Director, Family Navigation Project Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Dr. Patrick McGorry
Director of Orygen Youth Health and Orygen Youth Health Research Centre Victoria, Australia
Karen Minden, C.M., Ph.D.
Founder, Pine River Institute and Foundation Partner, Minden Schipper & Associates
Executive Chairman, Navigator Ltd.
Dr. Ari Zaretsky
Psychiatrist-in-Chief, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Founding Parent’s Council
Founder and President, Stella’s Place
Co-Founder and Vice-President, Stella’s Place
Program Development Specialist PhD Candidate, Mental Health Program Evaluation
Ellie Perkins, Ph.D
Economist and Professor, York University
Doctor of Dental Surgery
Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law
We want to stay in touch, but don’t worry, we don’t send too many emails and you can unsubscribe any time.