COVID-19Stella's Place Community Update
To find out how to access our programs and services during the COVID-19 period, please click this link.
Dear Young Adults,
Our facility at 18 Camden Street is closed until April 5th.
We remain available to support your mental health via phone, our BeanBagChat App & video counselling.
Contact us by email [email protected] or by phone (416-461-2345 Ext 0) to learn more about the services available to you. Use our BeanBagChat App to get text-based peer support. Click here for details on other programs.
During this time you may be feeling anxious and/or confused about what to do to keep yourself safe. This is normal. Self-care is especially important now and we invite you to think about how you can take care of yourself and connect with our staff to get support.
We are mindful of the impact that this closure will have and will keep you updated regularly.
In the meantime continue to practice mindfulness around your habits:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use paper towel to dry hands and turn off the tap
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hand
- As best as you can, avoid close contact with people who are exhibiting flu-like symptoms
- Stay home and contact your health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) if you have concerns about flu-like symptoms
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Practice social distancing by being mindful of crowded places
- Keep well-informed from verified sources (Toronto Public Health, World Health Organization, Centre for Disease Control) while also being mindful of exposure to the media and its impact on your mental health
- Use skills and coping strategies to help you stay grounded
Thank you for your support in proactively keeping our community safe.
We want to stay in touch, but don’t worry, we don’t send too many emails and you can unsubscribe any time.